As the fastest growing demographic in the nation and Washington State, Latina/o youth’s voices and leadership will play an integral role in shaping the future of our communities. Alianza empowers and engages the next generation of leaders! If you are Latino 16-25 years old, we want you!
Meet other young leaders engaged in their communities through community and civic engagement projects on most pressing issues affecting our Latino community in WA State, including environmental and climate justice.
- Top issues affecting our Latino community in WA State, including environmental and climate justice.
- How to communicate effectively with your policy makers.
- Leadership skills and how you can become a community leader.
Monthly meetings the last Friday of every month.
El Futuro Project
The El Futuro Project provides a group of young Latinas/os with service opportunities to empower themselves by learning how to exercise their voice, advocate for change, and help improve the communities they live in. El Futuro Project is a leadership and service-learning program for young Latina/o leaders who want to make a difference in the educational equity movement by:
• Working to increase early learning opportunities for Latina/o children
• Serving on a grant committee to invest in their community
• Participating in leadership training and community engagement projects
Research shows that the first years of a child’s life are incredibly important. High quality pre-kindergarten and other early learning opportunities can result in long-term educational success and have been shown to close the opportunity gap. Giving our Latina/o children a strong start in education is not only the right thing to do, but also a smart investment.