By donating to LCF, you are investing to improve the well-being of Latino children and families by leveraging your gift with others for greater impact.
Fact: Of the billions of dollars distributed each year by philanthropic institutions, only 1.3% of the money is invested in the Latino community. (Hispanics In Philanthropy, 2011)
Thank you very much for your online donation to the Latino Community Fund.
We are stronger together. By giving your time, knowledge and experience toward our shared goals of improving the well-being of Latino families and children, we can have a stronger impact. Current volunteer opportunities include:
Help reach more families through the Healthy Families Initiative. Email email@example.com for more info.
Support small businesses in our community. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Please contact us to join others in the cause.
Attend an Event
LCF values efficiency, participatory processes, transparent decision-making, and devoted leadership. We welcome people of all incomes, races, ethnic backgrounds, languages, sexual orientations, genders, and abilities to participate in Latino Community Fund processes, activities and events.
Become a Sponsor
Your sponsorship will support the following:
- Empowerment of youth across the state to develop leadership skills and engage in community projects that help to close the early learning and school readiness gap.
- Training for community leaders and youth to improve access to healthcare through outreach, presentations, and media.
- Improved the capacity of Latino nonprofit organizations in diverse Washington counties through the Washington State Nonprofit Leadership Academy, to strengthen their ability to serve local needs.
Since it began, LCF has invested over $500,000 in community grants and scholarships to improve education, economic empowerment, arts, civic engagement, environmental justice and health in our communities. It has also facilitated more than $800,000 for fiscally sponsored projects that have benefited thousands more community members through arts, legal aid, counseling, health, children and youth programs. And also, LCF has invested $400,000 in improving access to benefits for families, which continues to grow as families return benefits to our communities across Washington State.
Last year, LCF increased nonpartisan civic participation through contact with direct phone calls to more than 8,000 residents, and reached many more thousands in Eastern Washington through radio. We also successfully advocated for the largest allocation to farmworker housing of $27 million, and for inclusive admission policies for talented undocumented students to attend the UW School of Medicine.
Sponsorship Benefit: Connect your brand with the fastest-growing population and biggest minority consumer base in the nation. Today, the Census Bureau recognizes over 770,000 Hispanics residing in Washington alone, approximately 12% to 14% of the population.
Your sponsorship will have the following reach in the Latino community:
- On-line Branding: Over 7,000 email subscribers and over 500 page views per month on LCF's website.
- Social Media: Over 5,000 Twitter and Facebook followers of LCF and its board members. Over 1,500 average Facebook weekly reach.
Interested in sponsoring an LCF event, please contact email@example.com to meet your goals.